GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Infant and Toddler
- Your Baby’s First Year: Third Edition, Shelov, Steven. American Academy Of Pediatrics, Bantam, 2010.
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, 5th Edition: Birth to Age 5. Shelov, Steven. American Academy Of Pediatrics, Bantam, 2009.
- Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby’s First Year (Baby 411: Clear Answers and Smart Advice for Your Baby’s First Year), Fields, Denise and Brown, Ari. Windsor Peak Press, 2009.
- The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries (Child Development), Borba, Mechele. Jossey-Bass 2009.
- Baby Play (Gymboree), Masi, Wendy and Cohen Leiderman, Roni. Creative Publishing, 2001.
- Toddler 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice For Your Toddler, Fields, Denise and Brown, Ari. Windsor Peak Press, 2010.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Toilet Training, Wolraich, Mark. Bantam, 2003.
- Raising Your Spirited Child Rev Ed: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic, Sheedy Kurcinka, Mary. Harper, 2006.
School Aged Children
- Caring for Your School Age Child: Ages 5-12 (Child Care) Schor, Edward L. Bantam, 1999.
- Your Five- and Six-Year-Old: As They Grow, Lee, Sally and Kennedy, Marge. St. Martin’s Press, 2000.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, Faber, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine. Harper,1999.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Caring For Your Teenager, Bashe, Philip and Greydanus, Donald. Bantam, 2003.
- But I’m Almost 13! : Raising a Responsible Adolescent, Ginsburg, Kenneth and Jablow, Martha. McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Staying Connected to Your Teenager: How to Keep Them Talking to You and How to Hear What They’re Really Saying, Riera, Michael. De Capo press, 2003.
- How to Survive Your Teenager: by Hundreds of Still-Sane Parents Who Did and Some Things to Avoid, From a Few Whose Kids Drove Them Nuts (Hundreds of Heads Survival Guides) , Reingold Gluck, Beth and Rosenfeld, Joel. Hundreds of Heads Books, 2005.
- “Like Whatever”: The Insider’s Guide to Raising Teens (Capital Ideas for Parenting), Kahlenberg, Rebecca. Capital Books, 2008.
- The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library), Schaefer, Valorie and Bendell, Norm. American Girl Publishing, 1998.
- American Medical Association Girl’s Guide to Becoming a Teen by American Medical Association, Gruenwald Pfeifer, Kate and Middleman, Amy. Jossey-Bass, 2006.
- American Medical Association Boy’s Guide to Becoming a Teen by American Medical Association, Gruenwald Pfeifer, Kate and Middleman, Amy. Jossey-Bass , 2006.
- Sex, Puberty, and All That Stuff: A Guide to Growing Up, Bailey, Jacqui and McCafferty, Jan. Barrons, 2004.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding by American Academy Of Pediatrics, Younger Meek, Joan and Tippins, Sherill. Bantam, 2005.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Your Child’s Nutrition: Making Peace at the Table and Building Healthy Eating Habits for Life by Pediatrics Amer Academy. Villard,1999.
- Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby, Karmel, Annabel. Atria Publishing, 2006.
- Take the Fight Out of Food: How to Prevent and Solve Your Child’s Eating Problems, Fish, Donna. Atria, 2005.
- Fueling the Teen Machine by Shanley, Ellen and Thompson, Colleen. Bull Publishing,2010.
- Child Of Mine; Feeding With Love and Good Sense by Ellyn Satter.
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family by Ellyn Satter.
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12, Phelan, Thomas. ParentMagic, 2010.
- Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries, Mac Kenzie, Robert. Three Rivers Press, 2001.
- Discipline Without Shouting or Spanking: Practical Solutions to the Most Common Preschool Behavior Problems, Wyckoff, Jerry and Unell, Barbara. Meadowbrook, 2002.
- Screamfree Parenting: The Revolutionary Approach to Raising Your Kids by Keeping Your Cool , Runkel, Hal Edward. Broadway, 2008.
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too, Faber, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine. Harper, 2004.
- Positive Discipline for Teenagers by Nelsen, Jane and Lott, Lynn. Three Rivers Press, 2000.
ANXIETY / STRESSORS / SCHOOL ISSUES
- Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome Your Child’s Fears, Worries, and Phobias, Chansky, Tamar. Broadway, 2004.
- Helping Your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents by Rapee, Ronald, Wignall, Ann, Spence, Susan and Cobham, Vanessa. New Harbinger, 2008.
- For kids: What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Anxiety (What to Do Guides for Kids) , Matthews, Bonnie and Huebner, Dawn. Magination Press, 2005.
- The Truth About Children and Divorce: Dealing with the Emotions So You and Your Children Can Thrive , Emery, Robert. Plume, 2006.
- Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way ,Romanowski, Patricia and Neuman, M.Gary. Random House, 1999.
- Creative Interventions for Bereaved Chidren, Lowenstein, Liana. Champion Press, 2006.
- Trauma-Proofing Your Kids: A Parent’s Guide for Instilling Confidence, Joy and Resilience, Levine, Peter and Kline, Maggie. North Atlantic Books, 2008.
- Overcoming School Anxiety: How to Help Your Child Deal With Separation, Tests, Homework, Bullies, Math Phobia, and Other Worries , Peters Mayer, Diane. AMACOM, 2008.
- The ADD & ADHD Answer Book: Professional Answers to 275 of the Top Questions Parents Ask, Ashley, Susan. Sourcebooks, 2005.
- ADHD: A Complete and Authoritative Guide (American Academy of Pediatrics), Reiff, Michael, FAAP Editor-in-Chief and Tippins, Sherill. Bantam, 2004.
www.chadd.org (for adhd)